- Teach physics to as many people as possible.
- Make physics education fun and real.
- Provide free lecture videos for teachers to help flip their students' learning.
- 2017.12.09: "you are seriously the best physics instructor i've ever encountered..." chherryflavored - YouTube Comment
Most Recent Video (2017.12.10)
Altitude of Geosynchronous Orbit - aka Geostationary Orbit (7:09)
Calculate the altitude of a satellite in geosynchronous orbit or geostationary orbit. This is an AP Physics 1 topic.
0:11 What is geosynchronous orbit?
0:47 Drawing the free body diagram and starting to solve the problem
3:02 Solving for the satellite’s angular velocity
4:05 Identifying the masses and radii
5:25 Defining “r” and solving for altitude
6:29 The physics works!
- Multilingual? Please help translate Flipping Physics videos.
- Please support me on Patreon!
- Thank you to Aarti Sangwan and Christopher Becke for being my Quality Control team for this video.
- Thank you to Youssef Nasr for transcribing the English subtitles of this video.
- Photo credits: Syncom II and Blue Marble North Pole