Frequently Asked Questions:
- How long does it take you to make a video?
- I, of course, made a video to answer this question: Time-lapse of Making a Flipping Physics Video
- What technology do you use for ...?
- I get so many questions about technology that I made a page specifically to answer them.
- What textbook do you use for your Algebra Based In-Class Lecture Videos?
- Holt Physics by Serway and Faughn Copyright 1999 ISBN 0030505976
- What textbook do you use for your AP Physics C In-Class Lecture Videos?
- Physics for Scientists and Engineers by Serway and Jewett 6th Edition Copyright 2004 ISBN 0534408427
- How can I help?
- I have an entire page dedicated to answering this question. "Help Out"
- How many of you are there?
- One. No, I don't have 2 (or 3 depending on how you look at it) identical twins. It's just me.
- Who does the filming, editing, writing, directing, producing, singing, special effects, etc?
- Me. I do 99% of the work on all the videos.
- Could you please please please make AP Physics 2 review videos just like the AP Physics 1 review videos?
- Of course, I would love to me able to do review videos for AP2 just like I did for AP1. It’s a matter of time. The AP1 review videos took me about 3 months of working 20 hours a week to get them done. Before I make the AP2 review videos, I really need to get more of the videos done which I am actually going to use with my students. (I don't teach AP2) You could always pledge me on Patreon and then send me a message saying you hope I will make AP Physics 2 review videos. Hint Hint Hint.
- Did you really apply to be on the reality TV show Survivor?
- Okay, it's not really a question people often ask, but they would if they knew to ask. Absolutely, I applied. Please enjoy my Survivor Application Video.
- Why don’t you make powerpoint/keynote presentations like Dan Fullerton of APlusPhysics or Paul Anderson of Bozeman Science? Or a stylus and screen capture software like Kahn Academy or We Are Showboat? Or just use the whiteboard like michel van biezen? Or, heck, just use a sheet of paper and a pen like Ms. Twu? It would take less time and you would have more videos, right?
- Because then my videos wouldn’t be as original, creative, entertaining and fun. And clearly, those resources are already there. Plus, I have already done my in-class lecture videos via my YouTube channel thomaspalmerphysics.
- Do you have any suggestions for other resources for physics videos?
- Did you not read the previous FAQ?
- Do you provide answers to specific physics questions from individuals?
- Sorry, however, taking time to answer specific, individual's questions would take time away from making free videos which benefit all. Socratic does provide a good resource for asking questions.
- Do you have a letter about flipping you share with students and parents at the beginning of the school year?
- Yes. Here is a copy of my Flipping Physics - Student and Parent Letter. Feel free to tailor it to your class.
Feel free to ask more questions and, who knows, maybe I'll answer yours on this page!