Point Particle with Rigid Object Collision
Conservation of Angular Momentum Demonstration and Problem (7:57)
A 5.3 g dart moving horizontally at 16.9 m/s collides with and sticks to a stationary Rotational Inertia Demonstrator a distance of 31.7 cm from the axis of rotation of the RID. What is the final angular velocity of the RID? Want Lecture Notes?
This is an AP Physics 1 Topic.
0:08 The Demonstration
0:36 Understanding the problem
2:11 Conservation of Angular Momentum
3:31 Determining which equations we should use
4:30 Common Point Particle Angular Momentum Triangle
6:31 Checking our predicted answer
- Multilingual? Please help translate Flipping Physics videos!
- Please support me on Patreon!
- Want a Rotational Inertia Demonstrator?
- Thank you Scott Carter, Christopher Becke, and Cameron Vongsawad for being my Quality Control team for this video.
- Thank you to Jonathan Sullivan-Wood for transcribing the English subtitles of this video.