The Force of Gravitational Attraction between the Earth and the Moon (6:38)
According to NASA, the mass of the Earth is 5.97 x 10^24 kg, the mass of the Moon is 7.3 x 10^22 kg, and the mean distance between the Earth and the Moon is 3.84 x 10^8 m. What is the force of gravitational attraction between the Earth and the Moon?
This is an AP Physics 1 topic.
0:07 Translating the problem
0:56 Solving the problem
2:15 Determining how long until the Moon crashes into the Earth
4:00 Determining what is wrong with this calculation
7 billion years till the Earth as a red giant evaporates the Earth.
- Thank you to Raivat Shah of Gujarat, India for volunteering to be a guest student in this video!
- Multilingual? Please help translate Flipping Physics videos!
- Please support me on Patreon!
- Thank you to Christopher Becke and Aarti Sangwan for being my Quality Control team for this video.
- Thank you to Youssef Nasr for transcribing the English subtitles of this video.