Electric Potential Difference and Circuit Basics (15:09)
The following topics are discussed: Electric Potential Energy, Electric Potential Difference, Electromotive Force, emf, Terminal Voltage, Basic Circuits, Current Direction, open, closed, and short circuits, electrical load, and light bulb symbols in circuits. Electric potential difference and electric potential energy are both demonstrated using gravitational potential energy. This is an AP Physics 1/JEE/NEET Topic.
0:01 Electric Potential Energy and Electric Potential Difference
2:45 Electromotive Force and Terminal Voltage
3:45 Comparing emf to terminal voltage
5:25 Demonstrating what Electric Potential Difference is
6:39 The elements of a basic circuit
8:17 Determining current direction in a circuit
10:33 Open, closed, and short circuits, and electrical load
12:52 Comparing a circuit to gravitational potential energy
14:22 Lightbulb symbols in circuits
- Multilingual? Please help translate Flipping Physics videos!
- Please support me on Patreon!
- Looking for the Miniature Digital Voltmeter?
- Thank you Scott Carter, Josh Williams, and Jared GrothOlson for being my Quality Control team for this video.
- Photo credit: Alessandro Volta