Weight and Mass are Not the Same (5:46)
Three major differences between weight and mass are discussed and three media examples of weight in kilograms are presented (and you should know that weight is NOT in kilograms).
0:18 Base SI dimensions for weight and mass
1:25 NASA: weight in kilograms
1:38 Michio Kaku: weight in kilograms
1:52 Derek Muller of Veritasium: weight in kilograms
2:30 Weight is a vector and mass is a scalar
2:53 Weight is extrinsic and mass is intrinsic
3:52 Comparing weight and mass on the Earth and the moon
4:45 Space elevators
Multilingual? Please help translate Flipping Physics Videos!
- Субтитрите към това видео на Flipping Physics бяха преведени на български. Благодаря Никола Милушев!
- As legendas desse vídeo da Flipping Physics foram traduzidas para Português. Obrigado, Aline Beatriz!
Weight in kilograms in the media:
- NASA: What Was the Saturn V?
- The Physics of the Impossible by Michio Kaku
- Thank you Derek Muller of Veritasium for letting me use 10 seconds of one of your videos. I hope you agree that, as promised, I did not deride you.
- The Moon - By Gregory H. Revera (Own work) [CC-BY-SA-3.0 or GFDL], via Wikimedia Commons
- International Space Station By NASA [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons from Wikimedia Commons
- Earth - you won’t find the permissions for that picture here, because I took that picture and so I OWN IT!!! Yep, i took that picture. [Did you really read this far? wow.] It’s a picture of Science on a Sphere at The Detroit Zoo.