Wind Instrument Frequencies (11:40)
The equations for the harmonic frequencies of open and closed pipe wind instruments are derived. An animation of a longitudinal standing wave pattern in a closed pipe is shown. Displacement and pressure nodes and antinodes are shown.
This is an AP Physics 1 Topic.
0:10 Harmonic frequencies of stringed instruments
0:52 Open pipe and closed pipe wind instruments
1:46 Open pipe standing wave patterns
2:47 Open pipe natural frequencies
3:50 Closed pipe - first harmonic
4:49 Closed pipe - second harmonic
5:43 Closed pipe - third harmonic
6:42 Closed pipe natural frequencies
7:21 Displacement and pressure nodes and antinodes
9:07 Closed pipe standing wave pattern animation
10:24 The adjusted length of wind instruments
- Multilingual? Please help translate Flipping Physics videos!
- この Flipping Physics のビデオに日本語字幕がつきました。小竹知紀さん，協力ありがとう！
- Please support me on Patreon!
- Looking for the Mechanical Wave Driver?
- Thank you Christopher Becke for being my Quality Control team for this video.