Apparent Weightlessness Introduction (6:59)
Learn why astronauts in the International Space Station appear to have no weight.
This is an AP Physics 1 topic.
0:01 What is necessary for an object to be completely weightless?
2:34 Determining the acceleration due to gravity on the International Space Station
3:41 Why astronauts appear to be weightless
4:55 Why the International Space Station does not fall to the Earth
5:37 Objects in orbit experience apparent weightlessness
5:56 Other examples of apparent weightlessness
- Multilingual? Please help translate Flipping Physics videos!
- Please support me on Patreon!
- Thanks to Jonathan Everett, Sawdog, Christopher Becke, Frank Geshwind and Scott Carter for being my Quality Control team for this video.
- Thank you to Youssef Nasr for transcribing the English subtitles of this video.
- Picture/Video Credits: Blue Marble North Pole, ISS_on_9_December_2000, NASA Logo, and Liquid Ping Pong in Space