Deriving Escape Velocity of Planet Earth (7:06)
Escape velocity is defined and illustrated. The escape velocity of planet Earth is derived.
This is an AP Physics 1 topic.
0:07 Translating the problem
0:42 Defining escape velocity
1:43 Conservation of mechanical energy
3:22 Initial and final mechanical energies
5:38 The escape velocity of planet Earth
6:19 Relating this to binding energy
- Multilingual? Please help translate Flipping Physics videos!
- Please support me on Patreon!
- Thank you to Dan Burns, Jonathan Everett, Christopher Becke, Sawdog, and Scott Carter for being my Quality Control team for this video.
- Thank you to Youssef Nasr for transcribing the English subtitles of this video.
- Picture and Video credits: Blue Marble North Pole and Simpsons Donut