How Is This Standing Wave Possible? (5:33)
When standing waves are allowed at 15, 30, and 45 hertz on a string, then we should not see a standing wave pattern at 22 hertz. Yet, we do in this demonstration. This explains why. This is an AP Physics 1 Topic.
0:28 Demonstrating the question
1:44 Why this standing wave should NOT be possible
2:26 Why this standing wave actually IS possible
3:25 Determining the speed of waves on the string
- Multilingual? Please help translate Flipping Physics videos!
- Please support me on Patreon!
- Looking for the Mechanical Wave Driver?
- Thank you Scott Carter, Christopher Becke, Jonathan Everett, and Cameron Vongsawad for being my Quality Control team for this video.
- Thank you to Kristie Webb for transcribing the English subtitles of this video.