Longitudinal Standing Waves Demonstration (5:17)
Standing longitudinal waves are demonstrated and compared to an animation to help with understanding what the heck is going on. This is an AP Physics 1 Topic.
0:18 What is a longitudinal wave?
0:44 Four longitudinal wave demos
1:32 Standing wave animation
2:46 Demo and animation together
4:11 Density vs. Displacement nodes
- Multilingual? Please help translate Flipping Physics videos!
- Please support me on Patreon!
- Looking for the Mechanical Wave Driver?
- Thank you Scott Carter, Christopher Becke, Jonathan Everett, Cameron Vongsawad, and Dan Russell for being my Quality Control team for this video.
- Thanks to Dan Russell for pointing out that I was not clear enough with density vs. displacement nodes and antinodes. The last minute of the video clears that up. You will find more about this at his website.